Within the scope of their Cooperation Agreement, the Brazilian Federal Agency for Support and Evaluation of Graduate Education (CAPES) and the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG, German Research Foundation) are glad to announce a joint call for German-Brazilian research projects in the field of Chemistry and in the field of Manufacturing Engineering, especially Industry 4.0, Advanced Digitalisation. For the future, it is intended that the researchers of the funded bilateral projects in each discipline collaborate with each other by means of workshops, meetings or other collaborative activities.
The proposals for German-Brazilian research projects have to be submitted to the DFG according to the following rules:
- The cooperation with Brazilian partners, which is a prerequisite for proposal submission, has to be based on an already existing cooperation between these partners with substantial preliminary joint research.
- Researchers can apply for a funding period of up to two years with the possibility of renewal of two more years.
- Proposals have to be written in English and must be submitted to both organisations in parallel in accordance with the proposal preparation requirements of each side, respectively. For German groups this means submission via the DFG elan system according to the guidelines for the Research Grants Programme (DFG form 50.01).
- After the log-in, please use the respective link “Proposal for a Research Grant” in the Proposal Forms column. Please, select as the relevant call: DFG-CAPES CRI 2018.
- The proposal of the Brazilian partner has to be submitted as an annex to the DFG-Proposal.
- The proposals have to be submitted to DFG and CAPES by 26 July 2018.
In addition to the guidelines of the DFG, the following considerations have to be taken into account:
- Description of already jointly realised scientific-technological cooperation and exchange between the German and Brazilian partners on which the submitted proposal is based.
- Description of the added value of the cooperation in comparison to a proposal without international cooperation.