The Research Council of Norway’s overall strategy – Research for innovation and sustainability –sets out the guidelines and principles for the Research Council’s activities up to 2020.
The strategy revolves around six objectives.
- Objective 1: Increase investment in breakthrough research and innovation
- Objective 2: Enhance research for sustainable solutions in society and the business sector
- Objective 3: Cultivate a research-oriented, innovative business sector
- Objective 4: Promote a public sector that initiates and implements research in reform and renewal efforts
- Objective 5: Increase international cooperation and participation in EU initiatives
- Objective 6: Serve as a strategically-oriented research council that facilitates integrated activities and renewal in the research system.