Under this call for proposals, funding can be provided for joint projects involving at least one German and one Moroccan research institution or university. Projects involving German and Moroccan companies will be given priority. Joint innovation oriented projects would be highly welcomed. Innovation oriented projects are joint R&D projects designed to lead to innovative products, services or processes of significant economic and/or societal value. Furthermore, the projects should contribute to achieving the following cooperation objectives:
- Strengthening the collaboration between scientific partners and industry, in particular SMEs in order to translate research results into applications in both countries,
- Support young researchers in Germany and Morocco,
- Encourage networking between Moroccan and German teacher-researchers to participate in international calls for projects.
This call prioritises the following fields of research:
- Water and environment,
- Global change incl. climate change, biodiversity, sustainable land use,
- Food and agricultural sciences,
- Renewable energies and energy efficiency,
- Biomedical research (e.g. infectious diseases, oncology, metabolic disorders, neurosciences, etc.),
- Humanities and social sciences to master societal challenges,
- Artificial Intelligence.
Submission of the projects: Each project will have two co-leaders, one from Germany and the other from Morocco. The jointly developed project must be submitted in English by a co-leader until 1st of November, using the online project outline tool PT-Outline. The paper proposal generated by the electronic application must be signed and then submitted by each of the co-leaders the relevant institutions: to the DLR Project Management Agency on the German side, and in Morocco to the Directorate of Scientific Research and Innovation (DRSI), Ministry of National Education, Vocational Training, Higher Education and Scientific Research (MENFPESRS).