RISE Professional – Research Internships in Science and Engineering is run by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) to promote the exchange of students to Germany in the fields of natural science, engineering and life sciences. An internship is possible for a period up to 3 months between May 15 and December 31, 2020. The application is submitted completely online through the RISE Professional database. The internship database opens between November 1 and December 15, 2019.
To apply for a RISE Professional internship interns must be a student enrolled in a Masters or Ph.D. program at a North American, British or Irish university (at the time of the internship) in the fields of Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Earth Science, Engineering or Computer Science (or a closely related field) or be an undergraduate RISE Germany-Alumni in a relevant field studying at a North American, British or Irish university (at the time of the internship).
- DAAD will provide a monthly scholarship of: 250 EUR for undergraduates / 350 EUR MA-students / 700 EUR for Ph.D. students.
- The host companies will contribute an additional stipend of at least 500 EUR net per month.
- Each scholarship holder receives travel expenses depending on the country of origin
- DAAD will also provide health insurance and accident and personal/private liability insurance.
- All scholarship holders will be invited to a scholars Meeting at the beginning of July.
- Each scholarship holder will receive a lump for travel expenses and a travel reimbursement for the trip to the scholarship meeting.
- For those who plan to attend a language course in Germany, DAAD will cover 70 % of course-fees (max. 250 EUR).
North America, RISE
DAAD – German Academic Exchange Service
phone: +49 228 882- 696