Also, the Portal "Study in Russia" offers information on universities that are funded under Project 5-100 (Website Universities-Study in Russia).
The Russian Academic Excellence Initiative was launched in May 2013. The objective of Project 5-100 is that by 2020 no less than five Russian Higher Education Institutions enter the Top-100 of the world-leading educational center rankings (e.g. QS, Times Higher Education). Higher education institutions were selected on a competitive basis in 2013 and 2015 to receive state support. 21 leading Russian universities are involved in the Project, which aims to
- strengthen the research capacity of Russian universities,
- actively promote the national higher education system in key markets,
- integrate education, entrepreneurship and innovation,
- internationalise all fields of activity of universities, and
- achieve infrastructural improvements to attract the best researchers, lecturers, administrators, and students.