This joint proposal submission option exists with the following countries and their respective partner organisations and for the identified research areas:
- Brazil, The São Paulo Research Foundation (FAPESP): all areas; on the Brazilian side, only researchers who are located in universities / research institutions within the State of São Paulo may apply.
- Colombia, Universidad de los Andes (UNIANDES): all areas
- Colombia, Universidad de Antioquia (UdeA): all areas
- Costa Rica, Consejo Nacional de Rectores (CONARE): all areas
- Iran, National Institute for Medical Research Development (NIMAD): only for medicine and parts of life sciences
- Iran, Iran National Science Foundation (INSF): all areas
- Turkey, Scientific and Technical Research Council of Turkey (TÜBITAK): all areas
- Vietnam, National Foundation for Science and Technology Development (NAFOSTED): all areas
Proposals, which are usually written jointly, have to be submitted in parallel at the DFG and at the respective partner organisation in accordance with the applicable regulations of each organisation. Scientists in Germany must submit their proposals within the DFG’s Research Grants Programme in compliance with the DFG guidelines via the electronic elan-portal. These include the eligibility criteria and proposal preparation instructions for applicants to be funded by DFG.
The review process is carried out separately on each side. The results of the review process are shared between the DFG and the respective partner organisation. DFG and the respective partner organisation provide funding of joint research projects upon positive assessment on both sides. Unilateral funding of only one part of the research project is not possible.
Further information can be found on the DFG website.