In collaboration with the European Commission and the European Green Vehicles Initiative Association, European countries and regions set up the Electric Mobility Europe Call 2016 (EMEurope Call 2016) to further promote and advance electric mobility in Europe. Funded projects in the EMEurope Call 2016 shall focus on the application and implementation of e-mobility in urban and suburban areas and their expected outcomes are likely to include an:
- Intensified uptake of e-mobility in urban and suburban areas
- Improved connectivity between electric vehicles and the existing infrastructure
- Increased choice for customers or consumers seeking to reduce the environmental impact of their travel.
The EMEurope Call 2016 will support Research & Innovation projects addressing the following 5 key areas of electric mobility:
- System integration (transport, urban and sub-urban areas);
- Integration of urban freight and city logistics in e-mobility;
- Smart Mobility concepts and ICT applications;
- Public Transport;
- Consumer behaviour and societal trends.
In the EMEurope Call 2016 14 countries and regions and the European Commission are providing research funds totalling some 23,000,000 EUR for coordinated funding of Research & Innovation projects. The EMEurope call follows a two-step submission and evaluation procedure, starting now with the submission of light proposals. In a next step a full proposal submission will follow for those proposals selected from the light proposal evaluation.
Detailed information and guidance about the formal conditions of the EMEurope Call 2016 and the preparation and submission of light proposals can be found in the EMEurope Call 2016 Guide for Applicants. Submission shall be done through the Call Management Tool. Deadline for the submission of light proposals is 6 February 2017, 17:00 CET.