Additional Information on ANR-DFG Cooperation 2015
The deadline has been extended into 27 April 2015!
- All application data and files have to be uploaded not only to the ANR but also to the DFG via the DFG submission system “elan”.
- In “elan” please select “ANR/DFG 2015” under “Call for proposals”.
- A short summary of 3,000 words in German and English language is necessary for entering the data in elan.
- The French project partner must be entered in elan as Participating Individual –> Cooperation Partner.
- For each German applicant please state the employment status on a separate document or within the CV (including duration of contract and funding body, if on a fixed-term contract).
- The German budget part of the proposal has to set up according to the Guidelines Research Grants Programme 50.01, Part II.
- Experiments involving humans or human material (German project part): note that in addition to accepting the formal obligations at the DFG, an ethics committee vote must be included as well
In 2012, the Agence Nationale de la Recherche (ANR) and the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG, German Research Foundation) agreed on a joint funding initiative open to the fields of the Natural, Life and Engineering Sciences including interdisciplinary research – with exception of Cancer and AIDS Research, Space Technology, Nuclear Research and Defense. Following up on this successful collaboration, ANR and DFG recently arranged a continuation. The Humanities and Social Sciences have not been included because of their separately implemented bilateral ANR-DFG programme.
The ANR-DFG Cooperation 2015 will be managed as a unilateral lead agency procedure with ANR serving as the lead agency.
- The duration of the projects could be up to three years.
- For German applicants DFG’s regular eligibility criteria apply.
- Assessment of all applications will be made by the ANR according to its rules for the generic call.
- The DFG funding decisions will be based on ANR’s evaluation results. DFG’s decision making will be according to its regular procedure. Decisions can be expected in October 2015.
- In case of approval, the research projects will be funded by each partner institution. Funding will be granted from the regular budgets of ANR and DFG.
- Please note: The anticipated funding rate might be lower than DFG’s national rate.
According to ANR and its rules a two-step procedure applies:
- Pre-registration: Applicants have to pre-register at the dedicated ANR website by 18 November 2014, 13h CET.
This pre-registration is crucial – otherwise a full proposal cannot be submitted.
- Full proposals must be submitted to ANR until 30 March 2015, 13h CET.
Proposals received after the deadline will not be eligible.
Please note: For technical reasons all application data and files incl. ANR financial sheet have to be uploaded to the DFG via its submission system “elan” as well. “ANR/DFG 2015” will be found under “Call for proposals” in due time.
For scientific queries please choose the respective programme director in the DFG by using the following link: www.dfg.de/en/dfg_profile/head_office/structure/programme_contacts/index.jsp
Contact for international cooperation queries:
Dr. Priya Bondre-Beil
Phone +49 228 885-2372