The Albanian Academy of Sciences (Akademia e Shkencave e Shqipërisë) has cooperation relationships with national academies of sciences in the region, as well as with other academies in the world. It cooperates with the Academies of Austria, Great Britain, Bulgaria, Egypt, Italy, China, Croatia, Montenegro, Macedonia, Poland, Rumania, Russia, Slovenia and Turkey. Close collaboration relationships are established with the Science and Art Academy of Kosovo. Both academies have already performed various joint-activities and studies.
The Albanian Academy of Sciences:
- performs studies and research of theoretical and practical character in different domains of Albanian studies, social, natural and technical sciences and facilitates the application of those studies
- assists in discovering new domains of studies and research to explore in Albania, in conformity with the requirements of the country development
- provides suggestions and necessary expertise to the higher government institutions in solving problems considered as important for the country development
- in cooperation with pertinent institutions, works on recommendations for an efficient implementation of technical and scientific achievements in the development of the country
- collaborates with other scientific centers and institutions both locally and internationally
- supports disseminating and encouraging of scientific knowledge
- protects the rights of its members and of other scientific members of staff, cares for creating the necessary working and living conditions, so researchers can be fully engaged in the scientific/research activity
- promotes and encourages the active participation of associations, scientific foundations and outer/ scientific collaborators in scientific activities
- in compliance with the legal provisions, supports the continuous training for the staff of its institutions
- programs, plans and endorses their activity in maintaining and acquiring scientific awards and prizes.