Established in 1999, the Ministry of Industry, Foreign Trade and Services (port. Ministério da Indústria, Comércio Exterior e Serviços, MDIC) is responsible for the following subjects:
- Development policy on industry, trade and services;
- Intellectual property and technology transfer;
- Metrology, standardization and industrial quality;
- Foreign trade policy;
- Regulation and implementation of programs and activities related to foreign trade;
- Assess and apply trade remedies;
- Participation in international trade negotiations.