China National Center for Biotechnology Development (CNCBD) is an organization established on November 3, 1983 under the Ministry of Science and Technology with the approval of the State Council.
It is responsible for:
- developping biotechnology, cultivating new bio-industry and promoting bio-economy
- studying biotechnology and bio-industry strategies, policies and measures home and abroad
- taking the responsibility and participating in the revision and formulation of biotechnology and bio-industry development laws, policies, projects and plans
- assuming the management of biotechnology programs
- assuming the management of bio-safety and bio-resource issues
- involve in consultation on the policies and technologies related to bio-industry.