The Hrvatski zavod za norme (Croatian Standards Institute) is an autonomous non-profit public institution established as the national standards body of the Republic of Croatia with a view to accomplishing the following goals of standardization:
- Increasing the safety level of products and processes
- Protecting human health and lives and environmental protection
- Promoting the quality of products, processes and services
- Ensuring the appropriate use of work, materials and energy
- Improving production efficiency
- Controlling variety, ensuring compatibility and interchangeability, and
- Removing technical barriers to international trade.
The Croatian Standards Institute acts as the enquiry point for the World Trade Organization Agreement on Technical Barriers to Trade (WTO/TBT) and the contact point for Codex Alimentarius.
Organizational units of HZN are as follows: Director General's Office, Standardization Department, Communications Department, Development and New Activities Department, General Administrative Services Department.