The UNESCO Institute for Information Technologies in Education (IITE) was established as an integral part of UNESCO by the General Conference of UNESCO at its 29th session (November 1997) and is located in Moscow, Russian Federation. IITE is the only UNESCO сategory 1 Institute that holds a global mandate for ICT in education.
In line with the new Education 2030 Agenda, IITE has developed its strategic priority areas to meet new demands and tasks ahead. The mission of IITE in the new era is promoting the innovative use of ICT and serving as facilitator and enabler for achieving Sustainable Development Goal 4 (SDG 4) through ICT-enabled solutions and best practices.
To successfully carry out its activities in accordance with the defined strategic priorities, IITE’s implementation modalities are combined in the six action areas:
- Assisting Member States in Policy Development and Capacity Building on ICT in Education
- Research and Advocacy of ICT-enabled Innovative Pedagogy
- Promoting ICT Competencies and Skills for Teachers and Schools
- Strengthening Knowledge Sharing and Dissemination of Best Practices
- Harnessing ICT Potential for Inclusive Education and Education for Health and Well-being
- Developing Partnerships and Networking.