The aims of the Academy of Sciences of the Islamic Republic of Iran are:
- attainment of scientific and cultural independence
- development of science and technologies
- encouragement of the spirit of research
- promotion of the State’s scientific and cultural levels
- access to the latest scientific findings and innovations through teamwork
- absorbing, encouraging and supporting eminent researchers and scholars.
The Academy performs studies on and analysis of the status of science, technology, education and research at the national scale, and gives advice to relevant authorities.