Ministry of Science, Research and Technology of the Islamic Republic of Iran is the main state Ministry involved in higher education, science, research and technology.
Ministry of Science, Research and Technology (MSRT) is a public body of executive power, which carries out functions on elaborating state policy and normative-lawful regulation in the sphere of higher education, science and technology, innovative activity, and intellectual property.
The Ministry's mission is directed at realization and development of intellectual potential of the nation (a key component of stable and dynamic development) of the Islamic Republic of Iran. It considers the national, regional and international goals, interests, policies and ambitions, and is seeking sustainable development for mankind welfare, peace and prosperity in the country and across the world.
Ministry of Science, Research and Technology mandates to:
- Support and encourage Universities and Research Institutes (public/private),
- Develop basic and applied research,
- Support Incubators and Technology Parks ( at least 42 Technology Parks and 186 Incubators),
- Focus on fields such as Engineering, Basic Sciences, Art, Human Sciences and Agriculture,
- Promote and support research through funding, human resource development and the provision of the necessary research facilities,
- Facilitate the creation of knowledge, innovation and development in all fields of science and technology(including indigenous knowledge),
- Contribute to improvement of Life quality of all the people of the country,
- Provide services to the research community especially at higher education and research institutions.