The Institute for Standardization of Serbia represents the interests of the Republic of Serbia in the following international and European organizations for standardization:
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO), where ISS is a full member since 1950
- International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), where ISS is a full member since 1953
- Worldwide System for Conformity Testing and Certification of Electrotechnical Equipment and Components(IECEE), where ISS is a full member since 1965
- European Committee for Standardization (CEN), where ISS is an affiliate member since 2008
- European Committee for Electrotechnical Standardization (CENELEC), where ISS is an affiliate member since 2005
- European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI)
In addition, the Institute is also engaged in activities regarding the accession of Serbia to WTO.