The main activities of the Royal Academy of Exact, Physical and Natural Sciences of Spain (Real Academia de Ciencias Exactas, Físicas y Naturales) can be summed up in the following:
- Scientific sessions
- Scientific journals
- The Dictionary of scientific terms in Spanish
- Advice on scientific matters to the government
- Science popularization programs
- Detection of mathematically gifted children program
- Organization of international symposia, workshops and meetings
- On demand report elaboration on scientific issues
- Support to researchers through its historic archives and library.
The Academy is a member of the Global Network of Academies of Sciences (IAP), and within the European structures, it is also a member of EASAC, ALLEA and EMAN. The Academy is currently trying to build stronger ties with other academies of sciences in Latin America.