The Ministry of the Economy and Foreign Trade and the Ministry of Small and Medium-Sized Businesses and Tourism have merged to become the Ministry of the Economy.
The Ministry ensures the implementation of economic competitiveness policy in Luxembourg. It includes, amongst others, the following priorities:
- business, technology and competitiveness
- regional economic development
- research and technological development (R&D), technology transfer and innovation
- industrial property and intellectual rights
- support of the small and medium-sized businesses sector
- support for the tourism sector