Rossotrudnichestvo operates under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation.
Nowadays, Rossotrudnichetvo is represented in 80 states of the world by 95 representative offices: 72 Russian Centers of Science and Culture (RCSC) in 62 states, 23 representatives of the Agency serving in Russian Embassies in 21 states.
Promotion of Russian education abroad is one of the most important tasks of the Russian Federation. Work in this direction is defined by the Concept of Promotion of Russian Education on the basis of Representative Offices of Rossotrudnichestvo Abroad, approved on March 27, 2014. The concept aims to create a system of effective measures for the promotion of Russian higher education abroad, as well as the creation of means for information and coordination support of universities activities for the development of international relations.
Representative Offices of Rossotrudnichestvo, Russian Centers of Science and Culture (RCSC) abroad, are grounds for carrying out activities in the field of education, establishment of contacts between Russian scientists and their foreign counterparts, youth co-operation, as well as activities on selection of foreign schools graduates for studying in Russian universities within the framework of the quota allocated by the Government.
Other activities carried out by Rossotrudnichetvo cover the following areas:
- International Development Assistance
- Popularization of Russian Culture in the World Public Diplomacy
- Support for Compatriots Abroad
- Consolidation of the Russian Language
- Maintenance of Historical Memorials and Burial Grounds
- Development of International Relations of the Russian Federation Subjects
- Strengthening of Humanitarian Cooperation and Assistance to Integration of CIS Countries.