Vision: To facilitate in creating a technologically-based Southern African society which will ensure a competitive edge in the global economy
Mission: To contribute to the improvement of life of Southern African nations by improving scientific knowledge and skills through the utilization of interactive living science and technology discovery centres (S&T centres)
Aims and objectives:
- To stimulate interest in S&T centres.
- To estabish more S&T centres in rural areas.
- To investigate and support mobile centres and transportable units.
- To stimulate ideas in the design of new exhibits
- To hold regular workshops and meetings in different centres.
- To evaluate the impact of S&T centres.
- To establish contact with industry.
- To establish links with international bodies.