The Thai Academy of Science and Technology (TAST) was established in 1997. It was organized by a group of scientists and technologists whose works have been continuously recognized and whose experiences and interests are vital to the development of the nation as a whole. TAST is a "non-governmental agency". This is to ensure that there is no bias in giving recommendations to government, national organizations, and the public as a whole.
TAST realizes that matters in science and technology have a profound impact on the nation. Therefore, TAST has made this its duty and priority to pick issues or matters that are currently in the eyes of the public, and perform careful analyses by gathering additional information, doing research, and providing opportunities for discussion and criticism in order to bring conclusion, further the study or formalize plans for the future development of the nation.
Main International activities:
- “IAP Conference for Young Scientists” organized by the Global Network of Academies of Sciences (IAP)
- Workshop on “Briefing of the Climate Treaty Negotiators of the G77 Group of Countries” co-organized with the Academy of Sciences for the Developing World (TWAS), the Global Network of Academies of Sciences (IAP) and the InterAcademy Council (IAC)
- Program “Climate Change Adaptation and Decision Support for a Sustainable Asia” co-organized with the Association of Academies of Science in Asia (AASA) and the Iran Academy of Science.
- “ The 8th General Assemblies of the Association of Academies of Sciences in Asia” organized by the Association of Academies of Science in Asia
- Workshop “AASA Beijing Workshop on Sustainable Energy Development in Asia 2008” organized by The Association of Academies of Science in Asia
- “Young Scientists of Asia Conclave” Pressing Problems of Human kind: Energy and Climate” organized by the Third World Academy of Sciences (TWAS).