The Ministry of Industry and Trade is the central body of the government administration involved in:
- the National Industry Policy, the Energy Policy, the Trade Policy in the context of the European Common Market, the Export Promotion Policy, the Integrated Raw Materials Policy and the Use of Mineral Resources;
- Business and Investment Promotion in the areas of Manufacturing Industry and of Industrial Research and Development including the use of European funds;
- Internal trade and Consumer protection in the context of the European Consumer Policy;
- Promotion of Small and Medium—Sized Companies with the exception of regional business support and trading matters;
- Technical standardization, metrology and state quality control;
- Industrial research, engineering and technology development;
- Electronic communication and postal services.