Ten years ago in November 2001 in the small village of Teschow near Teterow in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Germany, ScanBalt BioRegion was born. Today, ScanBalt is one of the most important networks in Europe for cooperation in Life Science and health. ScanBalt today has 67 members from the countries of the Baltic Sea Region as well as from North-West Russia and Northern Netherlands. They represent more than 60 universities and more than 2.100 Life Science companies.
At the occasion of the 10th anniversary, ScanBalt organises it´s 10th ScanBalt forum, taking place September 22-23, 2011, in Heringsdorf at the island of Usedom, Germany. More than 200 experts from life science and bio-industry and administration were expected from more than 12 countries. The forum focuses on the topics Health (telemedicine, regenerative medicine, healthy ageing, health tourism), Environment (industrial and marine biotechnology) as well as cross border cooperation (e.g. Euroregion Pomerania, technology transfer). Main object of the conference is to discuss ongoing projects, to plan new cross border cooperation and to define Baltic Sea Region specific programs for the upcoming EU funding period. In addition on the conference the winners of the international competition „HealthPort Innovation“ will be honored for promising innovative products and services for hospitals and patients.
At the beginning of the forum we organize a press conference in English language.
Thursday, 22th September 2011,
at 11:00 am
Maritim Hotel Kaiserhof,
Strandpromenade, 17424 Seebad Heringsdorf, Germany, Salon Tucholsky
Your questions will be answered by:
- Dr. Wolfgang Blank, Chairman of ScanBalt fmba and managing director of BioCon Valley GmbH
- Sebastian Schröder, State secretary, Ministry for Transport, Building and Regional Development Mecklenburg-Vorpommern; Germany
- Prof. Dr. Fouad Kandeel, Director of the Division of Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism, City of Hope Hospital Los Angeles, USA
- Dr. Jaanus Pikani, Vice Chairman of ScanBalt fmba, Estonian Biotechnology Association, Estonia
- Prof. Dr. Bo Samuelson, Västra Götaland Region, Göteborg Universität, Sweden
The conference is part of the official program of Germany´s presidency of the Council of the Baltic Sea States, 2011-2012 (www.cbss.org).
BioCon Valley GmbH
Dr. Heinrich Cuypers
Walther-Rathenau-Straße 49 a,
Tel.: +49 3834 - 515 - 108