The first joint call of the ERA-NET entitled Coordination of European Research on Industrial Safety towards Smart and Sustainable Growth (SAF€RA) attracted 53 applications. The call was open from September 23 to November 29, 2013. The topics of this call concern Human and organizational factors including the value of industrial safety.
Some statistics on the applications received:
- 53 applications have been received
- the sum of the budgets requested is 9.44 M€
- the average consortium size is 2.4 partners (range between 1 and 5, of which 18 “single-organization” applications)
- applications come from 20 countries
- applicant organizations are primarily from Spain (24), Finland (22), Italy (17), France (14) and Norway (12)
The proposals are evaluated by internationally recognized scientific experts by the end of January 2014. Based on the result of the evaluation, funding decisions are made at national/regional level, and projects approved for funding may start as early as February 2014.