The five eSkills for Jobs European competition winners and five runner ups were announced and awarded during the Italian Presidency eSkills closing conference on 30 October in Rome, Italy. The competition provided concrete examples of successful initiatives made possible by ICT and the mastery of e-skills.
This conference is organised to discuss with leading stakeholders and experts from government, academia and industry on the latest developments on e-leadership and ICT professionalism.
The objectives of day 1 are to:
- Provide the latest figures and forecasts (2020) on the ICT workforce and talent pool
- Present and discuss new European e-leadership curriculum guidelines and profiles
- Propose ways for moving ahead and achieving the necessary scale
The objectives of day 2 are to:
- Present a proposal for a first pan-European Foundational ICT Body of Knowledge
- Propose a model for the promotion of ICT professionalism in Europe
- Discuss international developments and possible cooperation
The event is organised by the European Commission with the support of Empirica, Capgemini and Ernst & Young.
Participation at the conference is free of charge but on invitation only.