Wouldn’t it be nice? A trusted, digital student identity that allows for seamless access to a wide range of services such as managing academic records, Erasmus mobility data, or the use of university or student services – and all this within a secure and reliable framework of digital ID management?
The MyAcademicID project knits together the unique digital identification of a European Student Card (ESC) with a secure authentication via the eduGAIN network. Linking local authentication with global access to services would allow students to smoothly navigate the digital world of cross-border and cross-institutional access to services!
Current developments for such a European Student eID will be presented at a European conference on November 20-21, 2019 in Berlin.
The conference is particularly interesting for the following audiences:
- European Higher Education community such as HEI’s leadership, registrars, IT-services, international offices and services departments, rectors‘ conferences, EU networks of universities and similar;
- students as multipliers that are interested in student mobility, in particular student unions, student representatives in HEI leadership or student services;
- decision makers such as politicians, public bodies and agencies for higher education policy;
- Student Service providers such as Studentenwerke, Cnous, Student Services Departments of HEIs and similar;
- participants in other CEF-funded projects and projects related to student eID such as the European Student Card (ESC) project, Erasmus-Without-Papers, Emrex, ESMO/SEAL, Studies+, eID4U, Europass, Aducid, OpenU, Santander-Student Smart Card, etc.
The online registration is open; there are no regristration or participation fees.