The Commission is organizing its first Industrial Economics Day on Monday December 15th 2014 in Brussels. It will gather world-leading thinkers for a day of open debates on Industrial Policy.
As a new Commission is taking office, it is time to think about the future of the European industry. Can industry contribute to put Europe on a new path of growth? Which conditions should be met for Europe to remain a global leader? What jobs will be created by tomorrow's industry? The draft programme is as follow:
10:30 - 11:30 : Which industrial policy for Europe?
- Keynote speech from Dani Rodrik (IAS, Princeton)
11:45 - 13:30 : New industrial policy: what works?
- Kai-Uwe Kühn (University of Michigan)´
- Antonio Andreoni (University of Cambridge and SOAS)
- Karl Aiginger (Vienna University)
- Maarten Goos (University of Leuven)
The event will be web-streamed.
Registration period 15 October to 14 December 2014.