The Tenth International Rangeland Congress (IRC) "The Future Management of Grazing and Wild Lands in a High Tech World" will be held 17-22 July 2016 in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, in the Northern Great Plains of Canada. The IRC aims to promote exchange of scientific and technical information on all aspects of rangelands including research, planning, development, reclamation, management, extension, education and training. The objectives of each Congress are:
- to bring together people from the rangeland community throughout the world;
- to provide a programme that is innovative and challenges values and paradigms;
- to make participants think about how they think about rangelands;
- to offer high-quality communications;
- to provide a positive and interactive environment for multiple disciplines and a wide range of land uses.
A list of the subject areas to be covered by the Congress can found in the programme posted on the congress website. The first call for papers and delegate sponsorship will be made in December 2014 and full information on conference registration will be available by July 2015. Further information about the IRC in general can be found on the IRC Continuing Committee website (www.rangelandcongress.org).
Dr. Bruce Coulman