The Global Innovation Index provides detailed metrics about the innovation performance of 127 countries and economies around the world. Its 81 indicators explore a broad vision of innovation, including political environment, education, infrastructure and business sophistication.
This year’s report reviews the state of innovation in agriculture and food systems across sectors and geographies. Chapters of the report provide more details on this year’s theme from academic, business, and particular country perspectives from leading experts and decision makers.
These are the GII 2017 country chapters:
- Chapter 5: Digital Technologies Transforming Indian Agriculture
- Chapter 7: Policies and Institutions Fostering Innovation and Agriculture Technologies in Brazil
- Chapter 8: Mobilizing Science, Technology, and Innovation to Transform Japanese Agriculture
- Chapter 9: Technological Future of the Agriculture and Food Sector in Russia
- Chapter 10: Innovation in the Agri-Food Sector in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Chapter 11: Enhancing Innovation in the Ugandan Agri-Food Sector: Progress, Constraints, and Possibilities