The Global Innovation Index 2018 provides detailed metrics about the innovation performance of 126 countries and economies around the world. Its 80 indicators explore a broad vision of innovation, including political environment, education, infrastructure and business sophistication.
The GII 2018 analyses the energy innovation landscape of the next decade and identifies possible breakthroughs in fields such as energy production, storage, distribution, and consumption. It also looks at how breakthrough innovation occurs at the grassroots level and describes how small-scale renewable systems are on the rise.
Chapter 5: Technology-Specific Analysis of Energy Innovation Systems
These are the GII 2018 country chapters:
- Chapter 6: Energy Storage in the Antipodes: Building Australia’s New Batteries
- Chapter 7: The Innovation Ecosystem in the Brazilian Energy Value Chain
- Chapter 8: India’s Energy Story: A Quest for Sustainable Development with Strained Earth Resources
- Chapter 9: Grassroots Innovations Improve Woodfuel in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Chapter 10: Chile and the Solar Revolution
- Chapter 11: Singapore: A Living Lab for Renewable Energy
- Chapter 12: Innovation as the Driving Force for China’s Renewable Energy Powerhouse
- Chapter 13: Commitment and Learning in Innovation: The Case of the First 500 kV Transformer Made in Viet Nam