The International Research and Innovation Strategy sets out how the UK will develop its international research and innovation partnerships to help achieve the targets in the modern Industrial Strategy.
Through a series of key themes the strategy targets the UK’s offer to distinct international audiences, other governments, research organisations, businesses and investors, and individual researchers and entrepreneurs:
- A global partner: How we will build and promote partnerships and openness, guided by excellence and impact.
- Bringing together talent: How we will connect researchers and entrepreneurs, support their development and the translation of their ideas, and build global people networks.
- A global hub for innovation: How we will provide innovation hubs across the UK for global innovators, entrepreneurs and investors to connect and build industries of the future.
- A package of incentives and financial support: How the UK’s package of incentives and financial support attracts innovative start-ups and scale-ups, and how that support will grow.
- A global platform for the technologies of tomorrow: How the strengths and global reach of our governance, intellectual property and standards frameworks can support the design of common, global regulatory approaches to bring forward emerging, transformative technologies.
- A partner for a sustainable future: How we will build and invest in collaborative partnerships to tackle the greatest global challenges.
- An advocate for better research governance, ethics and impact: How we will build through multilateral fora an international consensus on research governance, ethics and on Open Science to share knowledge and build trust.