The Global Innovation Index 2020 provides detailed metrics about the innovation performance of 131 countries and economies around the world. Its 80 indicators explore a broad vision of innovation, including political environment, education, infrastructure and business sophistication.
The 2020 edition sheds light on the state of innovation financing by investigating the evolution of financing mechanisms for entrepreneurs and other innovators, and by pointing to progress and remaining challenges – including in the context of the economic slowdown induced by the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) crisis.
These are the GII 2020 country chapters:
- Chapter 8: Filipinnovation: Financing Science for the People
- Chapter 9: Financing Research, Development, and Innovation: the Case of the Czech Republic
- Chapter 10: Financing Innovation in Brazil
- Chapter 11: Financing Innovation in India: Challenges and Opportunities
- Chapter 12: Israel’s Challenging Transformation from Start-Up Nation to Scale-Up Nation
- Chapter 13: Equity Group—Financing Innovation in Kenya
- Chapter 14: Abu Dhabi: Innovation at the Heart of a Modern, Diversified, and Sustainable Economy