With 37 participating countries, Eurostars is the largest international funding programme for SMEs wishing to collaborate on R&D projects that create innovative products, processes or services for commercialisation.
To apply, seven eligibility criteria must be fulfilled:
- The project consortium is led by an innovative SME from a participating country.
- The project consortium is composed of at least two entities that are independent from one another.
- The project consortium is composed of entities from at least two participating countries, with at least one organisation coming from an EU or Horizon Europe Associated Country:
- The budget of the SMEs from the participating countries (excluding any subcontracting) is 50% or more of the total project cost.
- No single participant or country is responsible for more than 70% of the budget of the project.
- The project duration is 36 months or less.
- The project has an exclusive focus on civil applications.
To apply, an account on the Eurostars project platform has to be created. The innovative SME leading the consortium must open the application and invite the other partners to collaborate on the online application form. The R&D and innovation project application has to be written in English and submitted for call 5 by 14th September 2023 (opens on 14th July 2023) and for call 6 by 14th March 2024 /opens on 12th January 2024).
The amount of funding an organisation receives is managed by the national funding body. Funding rules vary from country to country.