The German-Ukrainian Academic Society (Die Deutsch-Ukrainische Akademische Gesellschaft e.V.) has been founded in Berlin, Germany in 2016 as a non-profit organisation. Its key goals are:
- Foster academic cooperation with Ukraine
- Improve knowledge about Ukraine abroad and vice versa
- Increase visibility of Ukrainian scientists and their achievements
- Support career development of its members and early-career researchers in Ukraine
- Support reforms in Ukrainian science.
Also, the German-Ukrainian Academic Society supports The UKRAINE Network (The UKRainian Academic International NEtwork) in and from Germany. The UKRAINE Network (UKRAINET) is a professional community, open to researchers from any field — irrespective of nationality and country of residence — interested in fostering international academic cooperation with Ukraine. It was launched in Berlin (Germany) in January 2016 at the first Networking event.
Newsletters are published on a regular basis.