Within the Globalstars initiative of Eureka, based on mutual consent, Japan, Canada, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Israel, Spain and UK are launching a common call. Participants from Japan and the respective Eureka member countries are invited to submit joint project proposals in the research and development of innovative products and applications with a strong market potential.
The call for proposals will be an open call inviting projects from any sector area.
Partners must meet the following qualifications:
- The consortium should include at least two companies that are independent from each other, one company for Japan and one company from one of the Eureka member countries participating in the call.
- The project partners must express their will to cooperate on a win-win/fair basis in an R&D project leading to a new product, industrial process or service.The product, process or service must be innovative, and there must be a technological risk involved for all involved partners.
- The project must benefit all involved partners.
- The project should have an obvious benefit and added value resulting from the technological cooperation between the participants from the different countries (e.g. increased knowledge base, commercial leads, access to R&D infrastructure etc.).
- A signed Consortium Agreement (CA) is required upon approval, before the actual start of the project. It ought to include, amongst others, the ownership and use of know-how and IPR settlements. A draft consortium agreement should be submitted with the Eureka application as an annex.
- The maximum duration of a project may not exceed 24 months.
- No individual organisation, or individual country, can claim more than 70% of the total eligible costs of a joint project.
- Military projects are excluded.
Any partner whose cooperative R&D project is consistent with the aforesaid criteria can apply to the present call in accordance with the national laws, rules, regulations and procedures in effect in each country, on a non-exchange of funds basis, and subject to budgetary availability. The amount of funding available per project partner is subject to national rules and regulations.
There are 4 stages to the submission and assessment process. In stage 1, all partners of the project consortium must complete the Eureka project application form online by 10th September 2020.
Applicants from Germany: In addition to the Eureka application, project partners who want to apply for funding through the Central Innovation Programme for SMEs (ZIM) need to submit a ZIM-application to AiF Projekt GmbH by the 10th of September 2020.