The COVID-19 pandemic is a major crisis that touches on all aspects of health, social, economic, political, and cultural life. The T-AP research call aims to address key gaps in our understanding of the dynamic and complex interaction of medium and long-term societal effects of COVID-19 pandemic. This understanding, in turn, should advance knowledge of how to mitigate the negative societal effects of COVID-19 pandemic and support recovery and renewal in a post-pandemic world. Applicants are required to submit novel interdisciplinary and significant research proposals in the social sciences and humanities that address one or more of the following five challenges:
- reducing inequalities and vulnerabilities
- building a more resilient, inclusive and sustainable society
- fostering democratic governance and political participation
- advancing responsible and inclusive digital innovation
- ensuring effective and accurate communication and media
Applicants must apply as a transnational research project partnership. Each project must comprise at least three eligible principal investigators from at least three different T-AP participating countries from both sides of the Atlantic. Applicants are encouraged to start discussing possible projects with prospective partners.
The following funding organisations intend to support the RRR call**
- Academy of Finland
- Croatian Science Foundation
- Department of Science, Technology and Innovation (Colombia)
- Federal Ministry of Education and Research / DLR Project Management Agency (Germany)
- Fonds de recherche du Québec – Société et culture (Canada)
- French National Research Agency
- International Development Research Centre (Canada)***
- National Research Foundation (South Africa)
- National Science Centre (Poland)
- São Paulo Research Foundation (Brazil)
- Social Sciences & Humanities Research Council (Canada)
- Swiss National Science Foundation
- Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG, German Research Foundation)
- UK Research and Innovation – Arts and Humanities Research Council
- UK Research and Innovation – Economic and Social Research Council
** Final decision pending
*** International Development Research Centre Canada is providing funding for researchers from Belize, Bolivia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Ecuador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay and Peru.
Call announcement: 31 March 2021
Webinars: April and May 2021
Compulsory “Intention to Submit” form deadline: 31 May 2021
Closing date for submissions of full proposals: 30 June 2021
Notice of funding decision: TBS
Successful projects start date: 1 March 2022
The RRR call is expected to be launched on 31 March 2021. Please note that this pre-announcement is for information purposes only. It does not create any obligation for the T-AP nor for any of the participating funding organisations. All information provided in this pre-announcement is subject to change.
The official call announcement (Call for Proposals and additional information) will be published on the T-AP website.