The EU Science Diplomacy Alliance is a collaborative initiative launched by the Horizon 2020 science diplomacy projects S4D4C (sing science for/in diplomacy for addressing global challenges, 2018-2021), InsSciDE (Inventing a shared Science Diplomacy for Europe, 2017-2022) and EL-CSID (European Leadership in Cultural, Science and Innovation Diplomacy, 2016-2019) to sustain and grow the networks, impact and momentum consolidated by the three projects.
The Alliance is grounded in the results and networks fostered by the three projects and aims at sustaining the dialogue on EU science diplomacy and cultivating new opportunities to progress theory and practice of science diplomacy in Europe.
- Encourage project collaboration
- Supporting information exchange and awareness raising
- Training, education and institutional capacity building
- Promoting and creating knowledge exchange and interaction interfaces
- Connecting and nurturing a science, technology and innovation diplomacy community
- Keeping track of European Union Science Diplomacy activities
- Advising science diplomacy stakeholders
The activities of the Alliance will aim to further develop, maintain, and organise joint research projects, capacity building and training activities (such as open online courses, summer schools, training, etc.) on the topic of science diplomacy.