The European Career Fair, one of the largest transatlantic career fairs in the U.S., will take place at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology from January 22 to 24, 2011. Now in its 15th year, the annual event matches candidates from America’s leading universities with the top echelon of employers from Europe.
On Sunday, January 23, the German exhibitors will hold an informative and dynamic workshop, titled "New Initiatives – More Opportunities," at the Hyatt Regency in Cambridge.
This features two interactive sessions for (under)graduate and postdoctoral students.
Session 1 will focus on “Pursuing Graduate Studies in Germany”, while Session 2 will explore “Opportunities for Postdocs, Young Investigators and Junior Faculty in Germany”.
The event is open to anyone interested in studying and researching in Germany. The workshops will be conducted in English. The event is free, but registration is required.
Candidates who wish to participate are asked to register in advance at
We invite all interested students, researchers and journalists to the German booths on Saturday, January 22 (9 am – 5 pm), and the information session on Sunday, January 23 (9 am – 12:30 pm).
Venue of the European Career Fair (Opening hours 9 am – 5 pm):
Campus of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge (MA)
77 Massachusetts Avenue
- RWTH Aachen University
- Aachen Institute for Advanced Study in Computational Engineering Science (AICES)
- Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
- Baden-Württemberg International
- Freie Universität Berlin
- University of Bonn
- Chemnitz University of Technology
- "ConRuhr" USA (Consortium of the Ruhr-Area universities)
- Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nuremberg
- GAIN - German Academic International Network
- German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
- German Center for Research and Innovation (DWIH)
- German Consulate General
- German Research Foundation (DFG)
- HafenCity University Hamburg
- Helmholtz Association
- Friedrich Schiller University Jena
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
- Inflammation at Interfaces Cluster of Excellence
- Cologne Cluster of Excellence on Cellular Stress Responses in Aging-Associated Diseases (CECAD)
- International Graduate School in Development Health and Disease - University of Cologne
- Bonn-Cologne Graduate School of Physics and Astronomy
- UAS7 - German Universities of Applied Sciences
- University of Konstanz
- Leibniz Association
- Materials Science in Mainz - Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz
- Institute of Molecular Biology gGmbH (IMB)
- Mannheim University of Applied Sciences
- Philipps-Universität Marburg
- Max Planck Society
- LMU Munich
- Universität Stuttgart
- TU9 German Institutes of Technology
- International Graduate School in Molecular Medicine Ulm
- WHU - Otto Beisheim School of Management
- Bauhaus-Universität Weimar
- University of Würzburg
The German presence at the European Career Fair is a joint presentation of German higher education and research institutions and part of the “Research in Germany” campaign, which is funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF).
For more information on the German presence, contact:
German Academic Exchange Service
Phone: + 49 228 882 667
For more information on “Research in Germany”, contact:
German Academic Exchange Service
Phone: + 49 228 882 858
or visit www.research-in-germany.de