More than 20 German universities and science organisations will present their international PhD programmes to highly qualified candidates from China.
On behalf of the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF)
and its campaign “Research in Germany – Land of Ideas”, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is organising the participation of 24 German institutions in the PhD Workshop China 2010.
The two-day career event offers Chinese graduate students a platform to learn more about PhD and research opportunities in foreign countries.
Organised by the Chinese Education Association for International Exchange (CEAIE), the event will provide aspiring doctoral candidates an opportunity to meet face-to-face with representatives of overseas colleges and universities.
With the intent to foster Sino-German research cooperation and bilateral exchange programmes for young scientists, the German delegation will also participate in a networking event with Chinese universities and science organisations on 25 and 26 November. Divided into groups by research subject, representatives from both countries will have the opportunity to join round-table discussions on joint projects.
The agenda of this preparatory event will include briefings and presentations by the Chinese Scholarship Council (CSC), the CEAIE and the DAAD which are supporting the internationalisation and cooperation efforts of their respective governments.
The German delegation includes the following institutions:
- Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel
- Comprehensive Pneumology Center (Helmholtz Centre Munich & Ludwig-Maximilian University Munich)
- Freie Universität Berlin
- Friedrich-Schiller University of Jena
- GRADE SCHOOL (Goethe University Frankfurt am Main)
- Graduate School MUSIC (University of Hannover)
- Graduate School at the University of Erlangen-Nürnberg
- Heidelberg Graduate School of Mathematical and Computational Methods for the Sciences (Heidelberg University)
- International Giessen Graduate School for the Life Sciences (GGL) (Gießen University)
- International Graduate Centre for the Study of Culture (GCSC) (Gießen University)
- International Max Planck Research School for Surface and Interface Engineering in Advanced Materials (SurMat)
- International Max Planck Research School on Earth System Modelling
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
- RWTH Aachen University
- Ludwig-Maximilian University Munich
- Technische Universität München
- TU Bergakademie Freiberg
- University of Bayreuth
- University of Göttingen
- University of Konstanz
- Paderborn Institute for Advanced Studies in Computer Science and Engineering (University of Paderborn)
- University of Rostock
- University of Würzburg Graduate Schools
- German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) / Research in Germany – Land of Ideas
PhD Workshop China 2010 will be held on 27 and 28 November 2010 from 9 am to 5 pm at the Swissôtel Beijing, Ballroom 2F, No. 2 Chao Yang Men Bei Da Jie, 100027 Beijing.
More information on the PhD Workshop China 2010 can be found at www.phdchina.org.
The Sino-German networking event will be a closed session.
For more information on the German delegation and the Sino-German networking event, please contact:
German Academic Exchange Service
Phone: + 49 228 882 114