The Analytical Country Reports analyse and assess in a structured manner the evolution of the national policy research and innovation in the perspective of the wider EU strategy and goals, with a particular focus on the performance of the national research and innovation (R&I) system, their broader policy mix and governance. The 2013 edition of the Country Reports highlight national policy and system developments occurring since late 2012 and assess, through dedicated sections:
- national progress in addressing Research and Innovation system challenges;
- national progress in addressing the 5 ERA priorities;
- the progress at Member State level towards achieving the Innovation Union;
- the status and relevant features of Regional and/or National Research and Innovation Strategies on Smart Specialisation (RIS3);
- as far relevant, country Specific Research and Innovation (R&I) Recommendations.