The U15 Group of Canadian Research Universities is a collective of Canada’s leading research-intensive universities set up in 2012. Its role is to foster a research environment where universities can continue to drive this ground-breaking research. The U15 Group does this by
- championing the benefits of university-based research excellence;
- working with federal policy makers to improve conditions for fundamental research;
- producing high-impact data products and analysis regarding university research for internal and external audiences;
- connecting leading experts from all fields to those seeking expertise for public policy or news;
- fostering research collaborations with industry, the public sector, government and other partners; and
- participating in the Global Network of research-intensive university organizations to advance university research on the world stage.